COVID-19 FAQ & Updates

April 20, 2020

We will continue to update this page with the most current information & news about how COVID-19 will impact Turtle Rock’s summer programs.


Will camp happen this summer?

We appreciate your patience regarding the uncertainty about camp sessions for this summer. We continue to follow the news regarding COVID-19 and are awaiting guidance from state and local authorities about how the virus will impact our summer camp operations. We will have a better idea in mid May how our 2020 summer programs will be impacted. 

To keep our community as fun and healthy as ever, our planning team is drafting new operational guidelines. These may require some changes to how we function at camp, including modifications to excursions, transportation, and health protocols, including additional health screening requirements. 

We remain optimistic and hopeful that shelter in place orders will be lifted in California and we will be able to operate our summer programs this year. Thank you for your patience as we wait and see what this summer brings.

Please check back regularly for updates.


What is the cancellation policy?

We understand the uncertainty of summer plans and activities due to the COVID-19 virus. Our standard policy allows for cancellations with at least a 14-day notice of the session to receive a camp credit of 50%. We have relaxed that policy to allow for a refund of 50% instead of a credit, if desired.

We hope parents will stay on board with us despite the uncertainty, knowing that there is no added financial risk at this point to keeping your camper registered for this summer. 

If you want to cancel your child’s camp session at any time, you may do so. If you cancel your child’s session for 2020, we may not be able to hold a space for your child if camp does operate.


If camp doesn’t operate this summer, what will happen to our tuition payment? 

If we are unable to operate any session this summer, we will issue a full refund for that session.